Custom Made Orthotics
At Scheck & Siress, we have a team of experts who specialize in improving and restoring our patients’ mobility using the top prosthetic and orthotic care in the Chicago and the surrounding area. Our team uses their expertise and advanced technology to provide quality service to patients. We offer custom orthotics and braces used to treat and heal several parts of the body.
Have a question about an Orthotic device?
Call Us: (866) 843-8325
Upper Extremity Orthotics
If you’ve injured your wrist, arm, hand, or elbow, our orthotists will take great care of you by providing custom-made braces and upper extremity orthotics to fit and properly support your arm. The braces we provide include:
- Wrist-hand orthosis.
- Wrist cock-up splint.
- Resting hand orthosis.
- Ulnar or humeral fracture brace.
- Shoulder abduction restraint.
- Elbow splint.
- Figure of eight.
- Shoulder immobilizer.
Lower Extremity Orthotics
Our highly trained and experienced professionals care for our patients recovering from hip, knee, foot, or ankle injuries. Not only do we design high-quality custom braces and lower extremity orthotics, but we also assist in the training of Physical Medicine and Rehab Physicians who work with institutions like the Rush University Medical Center, Loyola University Medical Center, and Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital.
Our researchers also regularly study new ways to help patients move easily using advanced prosthetic and orthotic equipment. The state-of-the-art custom orthotics we provide include:
- Ankle foot orthosis.
- Carbon fiber braces.
- Functional electrical stimulation for foot drop.
- Knee ankle foot orthosis.
- Reciprocating gait orthosis.
- Stance control knee ankle foot orthosis.
- Hip knee ankle foot orthosis.
- Controlled ankle motion walker.
- Tibial and femoral fracture brace.
- Knee immobilizer.
- Post-op range of motion knee orthosis.
- Hip abduction orthosis.
It’s crucial for your child to receive custom pediatric orthotics that adjust as their growth patterns and functional needs evolve. As your child moves through their treatment, their orthotics and prosthetics change along with them. These devices are constantly redesigned to help your child maintain voluntary control over their movement as their motor functions advance. We custom-make your child’s orthotics according to their size and the condition they’re being treated for.
The pediatric orthotics we can build and customize specifically for your child include:
- Pediatric WalkAide system.
- Pediatric knee ankle foot orthosis.
- Pediatric ankle foot orthosis.
- Tuning ankle foot orthosis.
- UBC foot orthosis.
- Pediatric supra-malleolar orthosis.
- Pediatric thoraco lumbar sacral orthosis.
- Foam and plastic hip abduction orthosis.
- Adjustable hip abduction orthosis.
- Wheaton brace.
- Cranial molding helmet.
- Pavlov harness.
- Denis Browne bar.
- Sitting/walking/sitting hip orthosis.
Our researchers are hard at work developing new technology to enhance the mobility of our patients by uncovering new discoveries and advancements. A few of these advancements include:
- Functional electrical stimulation (FES) for foot drop: Foot drop occurs when you have difficulty lifting the front part of your foot. The functional electrical stimulation device helps people who live with Cerebral Palsy or Multiple Sclerosis or have experienced a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or spinal cord injury. Our two FES devices work to stimulate the peroneal nerve to help your foot raise when needed.
- Carbon fiber in braces: This ankle-foot brace uses carbon fiber, which is both lightweight and strong, to offer you more comfort when using it. The carbon fiber springs back as you push off of it to give you more energy and mobility.
- Mobility increases for knee ankle foot orthosis: You’ll receive more mobility in your knee ankle foot region with this advanced orthosis. It contains new joints in the knee to help you more easily bend it when walking while still feeling supported by the device.
Your feet are one of the most significant parts of your body that suffer from diabetes. Luckily, we’ve crafted quality diabetic care orthotic solutions to take care of your feet during all stages of diabetes. Our custom orthotics help prevent and ease neuropathy, numbness, and any other discomfort in your feet. Some diabetic orthotic care we provide include:
- Diabetic shoes and inserts.
- Diabetic boots.
- Custom molded shoes.
- Diabetic neuropathic shoes.
We craft spinal orthotics made for patients undergoing spinal surgery, a painful back injury, or a spinal disorder like scoliosis. These braces were made to meet your preferred comfort and size. Braces you can wear after spinal surgery include:
- Thoracic-lumbar-sacral orthosis.
- Semi-rigid thoracic-lumbar-sacral orthosis.
- Semi-rigid lumbar-sacral orthosis.
- Cervical thoracic-lumbar-sacral orthosis.
Braces we offer to treat your scoliosis include:
- Molded thoracic-lumbar-sacral orthosis and lumbar-sacral orthosis.
- Cervical collar.
- HALO brace with cranial pins.
We offer nerve stimulation pain management treatment to help ease any chronic pain. This is a non-invasive and effective alternative to using medication or surgery to treat ongoing pain. You can use electrical stimulation during therapy treatments or even in the comfort of your own home to help manage or reduce pain throughout various parts of your body.
Our highly trained and certified orthotists design these programs specifically for you to help control your pain. We’ll provide regular follow-up visits and check-ins with your therapist and doctor. By allowing your muscles to relax through the use of this treatment, you’ll start sleeping better and gaining more energy throughout the day.
Cranial Remolding Helmets
A baby may experience external pressure on their skull’s bones before or after they’re born, which may cause a disease called plagiocephaly, also known as flat head syndrome. Doctors often recommend that children under 4 months old should try a repositioning program to help improve their range of motion and more easily move their heads.
If this treatment doesn’t cure your child’s plagiocephaly, we may be able to treat it with our cranial remolding helmets. They work to redirect the uneven shape of your baby’s head so that it can grow into a normal, well-functioning shape. For infants who are between 4 and 18 months old, we may recommend them to wear this helmet for approximately 23 hours a day. We build our orthotics by conducting a comprehensive evaluation of your child, taking several measurements, and using advanced technology to make helmets that perfectly fit your child’s head.
Our experts at Scheck & Siress are dedicated to creating quality equipment shaped to fit your body’s needs and preferences. Contact us today to learn how we can design custom orthotics perfectly made for you.