Making Your First Appointment
Call Us To Make an Appointment
Call Us: (866) 843-8325
At Scheck & Siress, we operate on appointment schedules and request that you call to schedule an appointment to meet with your practitioner. Your appointment length will vary depending on whether you are seeing us for orthotic, prosthetic or pedorthic needs and on the scope of services being provided to you that day.
At the time of scheduling, we will require the following information:
- Your home address and contact information
- Your insurance carrier, id #, group # and the policy holder’s name and date of birth
- Your physician’s prescription information
We will attempt to confirm your eligibility with your insurance carrier and obtain benefit levels of coverage prior to your appointment.
We believe quality patient care takes time so it is our policy never to rush a patient and never to compromise care. If we do expect a delay, we will do our best to notify you prior to your arrival. If you are unable to make your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible.
A referral from your primary care physician, referring physician and/or prescription is required at your first visit as most insurance companies consider prosthetists and orthotists to be specialists. If you wish to obtain a copy of your prescription or referral for your records, simply request one from our office staff during your visit.
What to Bring
You will be asked to provide identification, insurance, and medical history information. Specific information we will need includes:
- Current insurance card and State ID
- Physician’s prescription and referral (when required) for medical services
- If a Worker’s Compensation case, please bring case manager contact information, workers comp number, and DOI.
- If a Medicaid case, please bring your current Medicaid card.